Hey folks! The most awaited time of the year is here! The HACKTOBERFEST!
Unaware of this worldwide celebration? Don’t worry, We'll Enlighten you. HacktoberFest 2020 is a month-long event presented by DigitalOcean in collaboration with Intel and Dev. This is open for all and is celebrated worldwide. It’s a brief stint aimed at promoting contribution to open sources.To know more head to HacktoberFest2020
New to open source development? No clue how to contribute to open sources? Here is your chance to kickstart your journey to getting your first Pull request merged! But what is Open source and why do we need to contribute anyway?Get your answers at this inhouse event by Open Source Lab VVCE - The Open Hack Sprint 2020!
Details of the event:
Host: Open Source Lab vvce
Platform: Google meet
Agenda of the event:
14:00 - 14:30: Intro to Open Source and Hacktoberfest
14:30 - 14:45: What and Why a version control system?
14:45 - 14:50: Are Git and Github 2 different entities?
14:50 - 15:15: Understanding Git GUI operations
And now.. Hack Time begins!
You can’t be missing Open Hack Sprint and Hacktober 2020 coz -
- Win Goodies and T-shirts!
- Writing cleaner and better code.
- Learn about CI/CD and how to automate them.
- Get your first pull request merged on GitHub!
- Better of Understanding the importance of Git and GitHub in the industry.
- Connecting to organizations, reading their code and contributing gives an idea of industry standard code.
- Great opportunity to work with developers who are a part of local communities and work towards a shared goal.
We provide peer to peer mentoring and guide you through your journey in Open Source and techs of all kinds!!
Join our Discord Channel for event updates!
Also join here for community updates!